I am running because …
- we need trustees that will engage with the public.
- we need to actively and regularly consult with the different education partners (e.g. parents, students, teachers and support staff).
- I have a proven strong voice to bring to the table.
- I want to be an educator of the public.
- my involvement in the district has led to a passion for the education system.
- I represent the voices of the future.
- it’s time for the government to stop underfunding education.
- as an SD62 grad, I am aware of the district’s gifts and challenges
I am committed to …
- Engaging with the public outside of board meetings by visiting partner groups, such as: parents, students, teachers and support staff in their own environments
- Advocating for increased capital funding in light of the exploding population in the district, and the need for school expansion.
- Advocating for increased funding for operational costs, in keeping with inflation.
- Opening the lines of communication with our teachers. Teachers are the backbone of our education system.
- Supporting educational assistants as they play a crucial role in helping to build a stronger public education system.
- Supporting the court decision and advocating for the restored limits regarding class size and composition.
- Supporting unique programs that enhance students’ chances for success.
My goal as a trustee is to facilitate the creation of a positive, fully-funded local system that will
keep students interested, engaged and supported every step of the way.